8.28.2014

Episode 263: The People of the Mist, chapters 36-37


In which Olfan is noble, Otter is clever, and Nam is treacherous.
As usual. While on the lam. Will our adventurers escape?
Episode 263, The People of the Mist, chapters 36-37
(download or listen via this link)

Book Information
  • Story rating: PG for scanty clothing, monstrous gods, rampant adventure, and an almost complete lack of sensitivity or multiculturalism.
  • Caveat emptor (buyer beware): I'm reading this story uncensored. As with many tales from the "golden age" of adventure literature, it is impossible to avoid insensitivity. Political correctness wasn't in existence in 1894, at least in the way we think of it. Our takeaway message: aren't we glad that was then and this is now? 
  • South African slang
  • This story is in the public domain.
Podcast Highlight

2 comments:

  1. You got to the end of this week's chapters and out loud I said "Noooooo!" (scared the dog, too). Which is silly, because I discovered that there is a free Kindle version of the book so I could easily read ahead, but it just wouldn't be the same as hearing you read it and hearing your thoughts on it! Thanks for sharing yet another another book that I never would have known about but am now thoroughly enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me very happy (that you were so caught up in the story) and yet sad (that I just didn't keep going). :-D

      Never fear, we are going to hear more very soon!

      Delete

I can't hear you ...